Leeds - £51,626 - £59,778 p.a.
The Urban Transport Group represents the strategic transport authorities for the seven largest city regions in England. We make the case for the funding and powers our members need to improve urban transport; we provide thought leadership for the sector; and we are the foremost network for urban transport professionals in the public sector.
You will be responsible for shaping, managing and delivering much of our policy and research work. You will represent the Urban Transport Group in its engagement with senior-level national stakeholders. And, above all, you will be a highly effective advocate for the right policies to improve urban transport in the UK.
With a keen interest in public policy, the ideal candidate will combine the ability to influence at a high level, with strong analytical and communication skills and a knack for quickly making sense of complex information. You will already be an expert in your current area of work and show clear potential to become a nationally recognised figure in two or more of our core policy areas.
- For a confidential discussion about the role please call Jonathan Bray on 0113 251 7204.
- Benefits include a generous holiday allowance, flexible working scheme, average salary local government pension scheme and a free travelcard to use throughout West Yorkshire.
- Although the role is with the Urban Transport Group, the staff are based at West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) in Leeds city centre and staff are employees of WYCA.
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 pages, to email@example.com by Friday 2nd June 2017.
In the letter please tell us:
- why you are the right person for the job;
- the three most important things that you would bring to the team;
- the current area of our work that most excites you.
Interviews will be week commencing 14th June.
The Role profile can be downloaded below.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail.
No Agencies please.
Candidate information will be retained by WYCA for 12 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted