Leeds – Three days a week pro rata at £38,443 - £44,512 p.a.
The Urban Transport Group represents the strategic transport authorities for the seven largest city regions in England. We make the case for the funding and powers our members need to improve urban transport; we provide thought leadership for the sector; and we are the foremost network for urban transport professionals in the public sector.
We are also the voice of urban transport and you will be responsible for ensuring our work reaches the widest possible audience – including leading figures in national and local government, the transport industry and the wider public.
You will lead our drive to influence the transport debate by engaging media and industry stakeholders through innovative, creative and effective communications strategies.
You will be at the heart of the action, working closely with the UTG Director and Board, to deliver day-to-day communication activity – including all social and online channels – as well as developing strategic campaigns to consistently position the Urban Transport Group as the pre-eminent thought leader in the urban transport sector.
- For a confidential discussion about the role please call Jonathan Bray on 0113 251 7445.
- Benefits include a generous holiday allowance, flexible working scheme, average salary local government pension scheme and a free travelcard to use throughout West Yorkshire.
- Although the role is with the Urban Transport Group, the staff are based at West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) in Leeds city centre and staff are employees of WYCA.
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 pages, to email@example.com by Friday 27th October 2017.
In the letter please tell us:
- why you are the right person for the job;
- the three most important things that you would bring to the team;
- one great idea about how our comms output could be improved
Interviews will be on Friday 3rd November
The Role profile can be downloaded below.
If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail.
Candidate information will be retained by WYCA for 12 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted. No agencies please.