We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others.
The cookies we use are:
Drupal cookie 1: this cookie is used to indicate whether you have Javescript enabled or not. The cookie is set as soon as you visit the site and is removed at the end of the session. This cookie is called 'has_js'.
Drupal cookie 2: this cookie records the session ID. It is written as soon as you visit the site but is only used when you sign in. It has a timespan of around 23 days. If you don't sign in within 23 days the session will disappear.
Google Analytics cookies: these cookies help us to analyse how people use the website. The information generated (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. These cookies are called 'utma_', 'utmc_', 'utmb_' and 'utmz_'.
To delete or reject cookies
We recommend you allow the cookies set by this website as they help us provide a better service. If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
Urban Transport Group
This website is operated and controlled by Urban Transport Group which remains the data controller and the responsible statutory body in relation to this brand.
The Urban Transport Group processes all data fairly and lawfully in line with the Data Protection Act (1998).
The personal information we collect is that which data subjects provide to the organisation via direct engagement. This includes, but is not limited to information provided via:
- Requests for e-updates
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes:
- processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
- sending you information which you have requested
- auditing the usage of our websites
- monitoring the usage of our websites to enable the us to update and tailor our websites to meet the needs of users
- sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
- to comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention.
We may keep a record of those weblinks which are most regularly used, thus enabling us to provide the most helpful information to users on our websites. Such information is held anonymously and you will not be personally identifiable from this information.
Disclosure of your data
We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
- there is a business need to do so as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf or run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information from you or at the nearest possible opportunity
- we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention.
We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected and only for as long as it is necessary to do so.
In the event that we need to transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the appropriate safeguards are in place and that your information is processed securely.
Any changes we make to this privacy statement will be posted on this page and where appropriate, will be notified to you by e-mail.
You have the right to request us to stop processing your data. Please note this may result in the withdrawal of particular services you have requested from us where the processing of your data is necessary for the delivery of said services.
You have the right to request the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR) and until 24 May 2018, is subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with this information (the fee will not be applicable after this date). You can use the contact details provided below to make a SAR.
If you wish to contact us about this privacy statement or to make a request, please use the following details:
Urban Transport Group
40-50 Wellington Street
Tel: 0113 251 7204