- Calls for NHS to get more involved in ‘Total Transport’ schemes -
Health and Wellbeing
- Report identifies four key trends to watch for urban transport –
- Levels of collaboration have improved following public health’s ‘return’ to local government in April 2013 -
pteg has welcomed today’s Select Committee report, and in particular the report’s backing for a major trial of ‘Total Transport’ which would pool currently separate funding flows and vehicle fleets across public transport, healthcare, education and social services.
- Despite cross sector benefits, £500 million lost to bus services outside London since 2010
- Call for new dedicated ‘Connectivity Fund’ for bus services
Commenting on today's Campaign for Better Transport report on bus cuts ‘Buses in Crisis: A report on bus funding across England and Wales’, pteg Support Unit Director, Jonathan Bray said: