- Report sets out five point plan to realise more building developments based around sustainable, public transport and active travel
- Refreshed Data Hub expands ability to ‘select, visualise and share’ key transport data
The Urban Transport Group has today welcomed the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Prevention is better than cure’ vision, whilst also highlighting th
Transport has a key role to play in helping the UK’s post-industrial towns to thrive – putting them firmly back on the map, a report by the Urban Transport Group finds today.
Following on from the EU referendum, the formation of a new Government and with the start of the party conference season, the Urban Transport Group has set out a vision for how UK transport policy could unfold in a way that will enable the nation’s largest urban areas to deliver inclusive growth
- Report identifies four key trends to watch for urban transport –
- Report sets out seven key policies to overcome transport barriers to work -
pteg has welcomed today’s Select Committee report, and in particular the report’s backing for a major trial of ‘Total Transport’ which would pool currently separate funding flows and vehicle fleets across public transport, healthcare, education and social services.
- Despite cross sector benefits, £500 million lost to bus services outside London since 2010
- Call for new dedicated ‘Connectivity Fund’ for bus services