Urban Transport Next is a series of one-hour, online events hosted by the Urban Transport Group.
Typically held at lunchtime, each event is a conversation about the future of urban transport, covering topics ranging from active travel and climate change to diversity and COVID-19.
The forthcoming event - Urban Transport Next: 02 – All on board? A lunchtime conversation on how to bring about a more diverse transport industry – will take place on 28th January. It will discuss how to bring about a more diverse transport industry - exploring how we can attract diverse talent to the transport sector, remove barriers to progression and why it is vital that the transport industry better reflects the people and places it serves.
- Staynton Brown, Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Talent at Transport for London
- Joanna Ward, Women in Transport; Associate Transport Planner, Elliott Wood; Board Member, Transport Planning Society
- Interviewer, Dr Clare Linton, Policy and Research Advisor, Urban Transport Group
The first event - Urban Transport Next: 01 – The revolution will not be motorised… took place on Thursday 26 November 2020.
- Dame Sarah Storey, Sheffield City Region Active Travel Commissioner
- Ben Still, Managing Director of West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the Urban Transport Group’s active travel lead, and
- Xavier Brice, CEO of Sustrans (interviewer)
The conversation covered hot topics in active travel, from whether cycling is elitist, to how to maintain soaring cycling levels witnessed during the initial COVID-19 national lockdown.
You can watch the event or find out more information by clicking here.
Further events are in the pipeline for Spring 2021.