Tobyn Hughes, who leads for the Urban Transport Group on rail, said:
Regional and Urban Rail
Tobyn Hughes, who leads for the Urban Transport Group on rail issues, said:
Tobyn Hughes, who leads on rail for pteg, said:
- Report identifies four key trends to watch for urban transport –
Tobyn Hughes who leads for pteg on rail said:
- Report shows sector with lowest investment has seen fastest growth
- New regional rail train fleet would bring at least £3.90 of benefits for every pound invested
- Call for end to investment 'ice age' on regional rail as commuter numbers soar
In a statement published today pteg has called for the current reviews of the future of Network Rail to ensure that the railways map onto the geographies and governance of an increasingly devolved Britain.
The statement can be downloaded below.
In response to the announcement by Network Rail today (25th June) Tobyn Hughes, who leads on rail for pteg said:
- 'Delivering the future' calls for new national freight strategy -
A new report from pteg shows how the North’s booming railways are integral to its economic prospects; and shows why future plans for the North’s railways should be based on expansion and growth.
‘The Economic Value of Rail in the North of England’ finds that: