The Resource Centre holds all our documents (briefings, consultation responses, press releases and reports). Signed-in members also have access to projects. You can search the Resource Centre by topic or by type of document.
Chair of West Yorkshire Combined Authority Transport Committee, Cllr James Lewis, has been elected as Chair of the City Regions Transport Special Interest Group.
pteg has welcomed today’s Select Committee report, and in particular the report’s backing for a major trial of ‘Total Transport’ which would pool currently separate funding flows and vehicle fleets across public transport, healthcare, education and social services.
- Despite cross sector benefits, £500 million lost to bus services outside London since 2010
- Call for new dedicated ‘Connectivity Fund’ for bus services
- Lightweight regional trains allocated same share of maintenance costs as much heavier Intercity trains -
- A fairer system of cost allocation would reduce regional rail’s share of government support by around 50% –
- Alliance gets behind new promotional brochure -
pteg, CPT, TfL, Greener Journeys and CBT have come together to jointly promote a new brochure setting out the case for bus priority schemes in a non-technical and compelling way.
- Targets for bus punctuality un-met and un-enforced –
A new report, published today by pteg, calls for major reforms of the way in which bus punctuality is monitored and improved. It finds that:
Lower levels of transport spend can explain 2% GDP gap with Germany
Commenting on today's Campaign for Better Transport report on bus cuts ‘Buses in Crisis: A report on bus funding across England and Wales’, pteg Support Unit Director, Jonathan Bray said:
London spend per head far higher than the North and Midlands
Transport leaders from across the regions have welcomed HS2’s phase 2 public consultation launch as a significant step forward in connecting eight of our ten major cities.