The Resource Centre holds all our documents (briefings, consultation responses, press releases and reports). Signed-in members also have access to projects. You can search the Resource Centre by topic or by type of document.
This supplement to Passenger Transport magazine marks the transition from pteg to the Urban Transport Group. It includes interviews with our Chair, Jon Lamonte, our Director, Jonathan Bray, TfL's Richard de Cani on joining the network as a full member, and a retrospective on 50 years since the Act that created the PTEs.
This report aims to provide decision makers with a guide to the implications for urban transport of transformative social and technological change and how they can best respond.
The report (which was produced in collaboration with Arup Foresight) identifies four key overarching trends:
- Changes in demographics and lifestyles and the rise of the sharing economy alter mobility choices
- Urbanisation, climate change and the need to improve air quality put pressure on transport systems
- Advances in technology and increased digital connectivity make transport infrastructure smarter and more efficient
- More powers are devolved to cities and city regions which results in more innovation and leadership in responding to urban challenges in locally appropriate ways
Report reveals growing gap between national and local road maintenance spending
In a statement published today pteg has called for the current reviews of the future of Network Rail to ensure that the railways map onto the geographies and governance of an increasingly devolved Britain.
The statement can be downloaded below.
New partnership with Government proposed to fast track delivery of Oyster-style ticketing
In response to the announcement by Network Rail today (25th June) Tobyn Hughes, who leads on rail for pteg said:
- Report identifies four key advantages -
- Levels of collaboration have improved following public health’s ‘return’ to local government in April 2013 -
- 'Delivering the future' calls for new national freight strategy -
- Report sets out seven key policies to overcome transport barriers to work -
Following on from the end of outgoing Chair’s David Brown two year term, TfGM Chief Executive, Dr Jon Lamonte is the new Chair of pteg.